What is Elos?
- A school concept
- A European network (with former support of LLP of EU)
Elos – the three pillars
- Strengthened education in modern languages: more and at a higher level (based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages – CEFR)
- EIO in the lessons: European and International Orientation: knowledge, skills and attitude (based on the Common Framework for Europe Competence – CFEC)
- EIO activities (European celebrations, World Cafés, competitions, students meetings, virtual and physical exchanges with pupils from partners schools)
Elos defines a quality standard for schools.
- Including a European and International Orientation (‘EIO’) in a variety of lessons and through activities abroad
- Development of Europe Competence (including use of portfolio) •
- Striving towards embedding the Elos goals in the school curriculum and in the school policy to ensure coherency and sustainability
- Being involved in structural international exchange activities with international partner schools/colleges and – if applicable – other organisations abroad (Erasmus+ KA2)
- Building the institution’s internal capacity to achieve these goals
- Taking part in general monitoring and evaluation activities